EUGENE, Ore. -- A 65-year-old man is accused of trying to steal money from a downtown bank Monday afternoon.
Detectives say Anthony Amory walked into the Chase Bank, 1100 Willamette Street, at about 4:45. He allegedly tried to take cash from the teller but was not successful.
He did not display a weapon, according to police.
Police say Amory left the bank and was spotted by an officer.
Amory is now in the Lane County Jail, charged with second-degree robbery.
- Suspect demands cash from downtown bank, gets none
- Deputies: Robbery suspect demands cash, lottery tickets in Creswell
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- New Country 93 listeners 'Dash for Cash'
- Local companies make extra cash plowing snow
- Nonprofits recycle green trees into green cash