DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- Douglas County fire crews have recovered the body of a man that fell into the water at Toketee Falls on Sunday.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said dispatchers received a call about a man that had fallen off a cliff at the falls around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Officials said Douglas County Search and Rescue and emergency crews from Douglas County Fire District #2 went to Toketee Falls on Sunday night and continued their search on Monday morning.
The body of Brian Nelson, 59, was recovered around 11:30 on Monday morning by the Douglas County Fire District #2 Technical Rescue Team.
Nelson's family has been notified.
- Bandon man dies after falling at Toketee Falls
- UPDATE: Rescue mission continues at Toketee Falls
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Missing man's family joins search near Toketee
- Officers justified in fatal shooting of man in Bandon
- Search and rescue efforts underway for missing man near Toketee
- Missing Mt. Angel man found dead near Toketee
- Man dies after falling from raft on McKenzie River
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Student in Bandon suspended for allegedly making threats of violence