UPDATE: Springfield police located and arrested a man Monday afternoon in connection with a homicide on Water Street on Friday.
Anthony Lyle Delaunay, 52, is accused of shooting Tyler Ray Burtts, 58, of Springfield.
Police said they located Delaunay, a transient, at a residence in Springfield. He was found sleeping on the couch inside the residence and was arrested without incident, police said.
Delaunay is in the Lane County jail charged with murder and unlawful use of a weapon.
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- At about 2 a.m. Friday, Springfield Police were called to a home at 1161 Water Street in regards to a gunshot wound. Police found a single victim, 58-year-old Tyler Burtts, along with several other witnesses. Burtts died at the scene.
The Springfield Police are investigating the incident as a homicide. They are looking for Anthony Delaunay as a person of interest in this case. He's 52 years old, 200 pounds, 5 foot 6 inches tall and has brown hair and eyes.
They say Delaunay should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Springfield Police Department.
- Transient arrested in Water Street murder
- Transient accused of stabbing man
- Transient injured by ax in Creswell hospitalized
- Police arrest 2 men in series of transient assaults in Salem
- City of Winston proposes a transient room tax increase
- 10 transients kicked out of a house in Bethel
- Transients caused barn fire in Springfield, officials say
- New homeowners consider moving out after transients move in
- Florence man arrested for murder
- Streets flood, power outages after Portland water main break