EUGENE, Ore -- Authorities are serving a search warrant at a home in the Santa Clara area of Eugene that they said is related to a violent assault.
Officers were at the residence near Cinnamon Avenue and Hyacinth Street around 6 p.m. Thursday.
Police couldn't give much information about their search because this is an ongoing investigation.
However, one thing is clear: they were able to gather enough evidence to get and serve a search warrant on that vehicle.
Neighbor Shane Cottrell said he was shocked to hear what was going on.
"It's kinda -- kinda disturbing that something else obviously happened somewhere else and it's linked over here," Cottrell said. "I mean, we're pretty vigilant in the neighborhood and have a pretty good idea of what's going on around us most of the time. Then all the sudden this pops up and yeah, it was kind of disturbing."
They confirmed that this search is related to that assault on Jeppesen Acres.
Police had reason to believe that by serving that search warrant, they would be able to find more evidence related to that assault case.
Because it is an ongoing investigation, police were unable to disclose what they found during that search.
Police said at this moment, there have not been any arrests made in this case.
They said there is still a lot of investigative steps that need to be taken before they're able to make any arrests.
The assault in the 2500 block of Jeppesen Acres on Nov. 4 sent two people to the hospital.
Police remained on scene for days after and have released little information about what happened.
- Authorities serving search warrant related to violent Eugene assault
- Two arrested after deputies serve search warrant at Veneta home
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office serves search warrant on Curtin home
- Eugene Police find drugs, silver, gold, cash when serving search warrant
- Neighbors react to violent assault in Eugene home
- Deputy shoots man while serving arrest warrant
- Search warrant served in Curtin after dispute leads to drug charges
- Eugene police search for suspect in attempted assault
- Eugene Mission serves Christmas dinner for hundreds
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges