DAYTON, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a woman's body found by joggers in Dayton is likely that of Meighan Cordie, a 27-year-old who's been missing since last weekend.
The Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said Thursday the body was spotted down an embankment around 10 a.m.
The department says the woman's description and clothing matched those of Cordie.
The Clackamas woman was last seen Aug. 18 eight miles south of Dayton when she left a car after an argument with her mother without her shoes or cell phone.
Deceased Female Found Outside Dayton Believed to Be Missing Person Meighan Cordie
Yamhill Co. Sheriff's Office - 08/23/18
Today, at about 10:00 a.m., joggers reported finding the body of a female down an... https://t.co/G6Cc3hLic1
— YamCo Watch (@YamCoWatchNow) August 23, 2018
She had attended a wedding on Grand Island earlier that day.
Authorities declined to release any more information about the body's discovery.
- Authorities believe body found in Dayton is missing woman
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Body found in McKenzie River identified as missing woman
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Missing woman found Wednesday night
- Woman's body found in Eugene alley