EUGENE, Ore. -- An explosion inside an apartment blew the doors off of one unit and frightened dozens of residents on Thursday night -- the apparent result of an ill-placed camping stove.
The incident happened at Valley River Court Apartments on Good Pasture Loop. KEZI 9 News reporter Michael Sevren, who lives nearby, says the blast rang out just before 10 p.m.
Sevren interviewed one of the unit's occupants, who said a backpacking stove was left near a hot oven.
No injuries were reported.
- Camping stove blamed for apartment explosion in Eugene
- Six Eugene apartments called unsafe after explosion
- Explosion severely injures Eugene woman
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Explosives found outside Eugene police station
- Explosion destroys food cart in Eugene
- Weather blamed for three crashes in Eugene-Springfield area
- Misused electronics to blame in Eugene deadly mobile home fire
- Eugene reverses decision on downtown homeless camp
- Bullet flies through Eugene man's apartment during shooting