BREAKING NEWS Two Portland residents were sentenced in the murder of Lane Community College student Full Story

Camping stove blamed for apartment explosion in Eugene

The blast blew the doors off a unit at Valley River Court Apartments.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 12:04 AM
Updated: Jul 13, 2018 9:45 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- An explosion inside an apartment blew the doors off of one unit and frightened dozens of residents on Thursday night -- the apparent result of an ill-placed camping stove.

The incident happened at Valley River Court Apartments on Good Pasture Loop. KEZI 9 News reporter Michael Sevren, who lives nearby, says the blast rang out just before 10 p.m.

Sevren interviewed one of the unit's occupants, who said a backpacking stove was left near a hot oven.

No injuries were reported.

Article Comments

Eugene
Broken Clouds
40° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 37°
Corvallis
Clear
38° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 38°
Roseburg
Clear
40° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 40°
North Bend
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 49°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events