SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A cougar may have been spotted again, this time on Tuesday morning.
KEZI 9 News viewer Devon Odgen said he was headed south on 28th Street in Springfield when a cougar ran out in front of him.
He said the animal appeared near the Walmart parking lot then crossed the street toward railroad tracks.
Odgen said the animal he saw was large, and it had a long tail. It was likely 150 to 200 pounds, according to Odgen.
“It was a little freaky, I guess. I didn’t expect to see a cougar right there in town,” Odgen said.
He said he wanted people to be aware that it could still be out there.
Springfield police have been notified, but they have not yet confirmed if it was a cougar.
- Cougar sightings rise in Springfield
- Another possible cougar sighting in Springfield
- Two new cougar sightings reported in Springfield
- Cougar spotted in Springfield
- Suspected cougar sighting in Oregon prompts concern
- Cougar sighting reported in Junction City
- Cougar spotted near Dorris Ranch in Springfield
- Police urge caution after new cougar sighting reported in Eugene
- Officials urge caution after 3 cougar sightings in Lane County
- Cougar sighting reported in residential area in Lacomb