ALBANY, Ore. -- Linn County Sheriff Bruce Riley is pleased to announce his office has scheduled our 5th annual boat safety inspections. The Sheriff’s Office has partnered with Bi-Mart to provide complementary boat inspections for the public.
The event is scheduled for two days; Saturday May 19, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at the Albany Bi-Mart parking lot located at 2272 Santiam Hwy SE, and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., at the Lebanon Bi-Mart located at 2680 S Santiam Hwy. Additionally, on Sunday May 20, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., we will be at the Sweet Home Bi-Mart parking lot located at 1980 Main Street.
The inspection process will include checking for approved life jackets, working fire extinguishers, approved type IV flotation devices, approved sound producing devices and working engine blower fans. We will also assist on proper placement of Oregon registration numbers and registration stickers. If your boat passes inspection, a 2018 inspection sticker will be issued, which can be displayed on your boat for the approaching 2018 boating season. All boats are welcome at this event.
Sheriff Riley is encouraging boat owners to bring your boat to this event and beat the summer rush.
- Annual boat inspections in Linn County
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Linn County man discovered after disappearing
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Linn County inmate dies in apparent suicide