SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A northbound Amtrak train collided with a recreational vehicle Friday afternoon at the corner of Jasper and Mt. Vernon roads in Springfield.
The RV was being towed and got stuck on the tracks. The front engine received minor damage. There were no reports of injuries.
The train resumed service after an hour-and-a-half delay.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Amtrak train collides with RV in Springfield
- Amtrak train was speeding significantly before crash
- Expert weighs in on Amtrak train derailment
- Proposal would add more Amtrak trains
- Stranded Amtrak train passengers arrive in Eugene
- Three confirmed dead in Amtrak train derailment in Washington
- Two rail advocates killed in Amtrak train derailment
- Urgent plea for blood donations after Amtrak train derailment
- Bicyclist killed when struck by Amtrak train in Salem
- A man was killed after he was struck by an Amtrak train