EUGENE, Ore. -- Two separate wrecks in Eugene slowed down traffic on 6th Avenue for about an hour on Thursday evening.
Police said just after 7:00 p.m., two ambulances were going through the intersection of 6th Ave. and Chambers St. in Eugene when one of those ambulances was in a wreck involving another vehicle.
The two passengers of that vehicle were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure and no first responders were injured.
Just thirty minutes later, our reporter walked two blocks down 6th Avenue to another wreck involving an LTD bus.
Bus passenger Lyef Blue said the EMX bus was in the bus lane when another car merged into the bus lane, hitting the right-hand side of the bus.
"No one really knew what happened for a minute, even afterwards," said Blue. "It was a little frightening. Everyone got shook up pretty bad."
Officials said a couple of bus passengers were evaluated, but there didn't appear to be any major injuries.
- Ambulance, LTD bus involved in separate wrecks on West 6th in Eugene
- Ambulance involved in Sunday's pursuit is 'significantly damaged'
- Eugene Police confirm officer-involved shooting
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Driver dead in bus crash involving high schoolers
- Video captures deadly officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Neighbors react to stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene