Photo Gallery 4 Images
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A Roseburg man is in custody Friday after allegedly crashing his truck into the YMCA while drunk.
Police said Timothy Murrain, 30, initially crashed into another car in the parking lot, and when he tried to leave, he hit the YMCA building. He caused thousands of dollars of damage, police said.
The executive director of the YMCA told KEZI 9 News the truck hit the wall of their child care center, damaging cabinets and a support beam. The YMCA is open during its normal hours, and there has been no interruption to child care programs.
No one was hurt.
Police said Murrain got out of his truck and left the scene but was found later at the Fir Grove soccer fields.
He faces several charges, including driving under the influence of intoxicants and hit-and-run.
- Alleged drunk driver crashes into Roseburg YMCA
- Alleged drunk driver crashes into home in Douglas County
- Drunk driver plows through fence
- Roseburg YMCA kicks off 'Know Before You Go' campaign
- Tigard police officer critically injured in crash involving drunk driver
- Police: Drunk driver involved in late-night crash
- Plane crashes at Roseburg airport
- Harrisburg teen loses leg after being hit by alleged drunk driver
- Drunk driver gets 22 years in prison for 'extreme indifference'
- Elmira raises money for Harrisburg teen hit by drunk driver