LEBANON, Ore. (AP) - A man in western Oregon was arrested after he allegedly attacked five people with a propane torch.
Nathan Clark, 22, of Albany was arrested Tuesday night after police responded to reports of an assault.
Lebanon police say Clark used the metal tank part of the torch to strike several people in a group who were gathered in an apartment complex parking lot in Lebanon.
Police say the five people hit suffered cuts, bruises and other injuries but all declined going to a hospital.
Clark is accused of assault, attempted assault and resisting arrest.
A police report says that Clark's statement to them was difficult to follow and that Clark said he believed he was defending himself from the others.
- Albany man accused of assaulting people with propane torch
- Driver dies when truck hits propane tank
- OSU torches Arizona with balanced offense
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Albany man killed in crash
- Albany man accused of stealing from two Lebanon businesses
- Two teens accused of vandalizing Albany church
- Albany police investigating shooting in southeast Albany
- Lebanon man accused of assaulting another man at bar