EUGENE, Ore. -- Is anyone you know flying out of the Eugene Airport today?
Lines were long as morning flights were leaving, but things calmed down later in the morning. Lines may return in the afternoon and evening as flights begin to depart on similar timeframes.
THANKSGIVING: TRAVEL UPDATES, LATEST FORECAST & MORE
A spokesperson with the airport said they project 2,300 people will depart today, 6% more than last year.
According to airline trade group Airlines for America, it's expected that 2.98 million passengers will fly to their Thanksgiving destinations on Wednesday. Sunday is expected to be the busiest travel day ever in the U.S. airline industry, with 3.1 million passengers expected to return home after the holiday.
For some, inclement weather across the nation caused delays.
"We got an email from United saying there was some bad weather predicted for Denver on Tuesday. We were originally supposed to fly out on Tuesday but if we wanted to change our tickets they would let us change them for free," said Melinda Silver, who experienced another delay Wednesday due to snows in Denver.
Experts recommend you arrive at the airport up to two hours before your flight in order to ensure you make your flight.
- Eugene Airport braces for holiday travel
- Eugene Airport braces for busy summer travel
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips
- Holiday travelers enjoy the convenience of Eugene Airport
- Eugene Airport offers travel tips for Thanksgiving
- Travelers face rental car shortage at Eugene Airport
- Travelers, gas stations prepare for holiday travel
- Holiday Market brings holiday spirit to Eugene
- Eugene businesses spread holiday cheer
- Eugene Airport adds new security screening lane