EUGENE, Ore. – Police and fire crews responded to a report of an explosion on East 12th Avenue late Tuesday night.
Three fire trucks responded at about 11:30 p.m., and investigators found that the explosion was caused by an air mattress battery that was charging, overheated and exploded.
Laura Bell Young, who has lived in the home for four years, was in the house when the battery exploded. She said that even people outside the house heard the explosion.
No one was hurt.
- Air mattress battery explodes inside Eugene home
- Exploding drone battery causes major damage to Eugene home
- Trailer burns, explodes in Marcola
- Klondike Fire explodes, threatens homes in southern Oregon
- Eugene Air Quality Reaches Hazardous Levels
- Heat lamp sparks fire inside Springfield home
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Truck crashes into Eugene home
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- An inside look at Kwanzaa celebrations in Eugene