COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A wall-raising ceremony took place Monday on American Legion land for four tiny homes.
Construction on the property on west Main Street began in January and is expected to be done by June 2020.
Once homes are complete, they will be rented to low-income veterans.
University of Oregon OregonBILDS program students designed the tiny homes.
Each unit is about 400 square feet.
Because the new homes will be across from Riverview Terrace, a large public housing affordable community managed by Homes for Good, the on-site manager and maintenance team at Riverview Terrace will manage the new tiny homes.
- Cottage Grove celebrates new affordable housing project
- Affordable housing on the way for Cottage Grove veterans
- Cottage Grove community members remember fallen veterans
- Cottage Grove house fire under investigation
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers