EAGLE POINT, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say officers shot and killed a man during a confrontation at in a fast-food restaurant bathroom near Medford.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says an Eagle Point Police officer made contact with Matthew Thayer Graves near a Carl's Jr. Restaurant Wednesday night.
Deputy Noah Strohmeyer said in a news release that the officer and man wound up in the restaurant's restroom where a struggle ensued.
He says another officer arrived and at some point the officers fired at Graves.
He died at the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
Strohmeyer says one of the officers had minor injuries and that both officers were placed on standard paid leave while an investigation takes place.
It wasn't clear what led to the initial contact between the officer and Graves.
- Authorities identify man killed in Eagle Point officer-involved shooting
- Man killed in Portland officer-involved shooting identified
- Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting in Oakridge
- Suspect in Springfield officer-involved shooting identified
- Friends remember Cottage Grove man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Suspect identified in stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Second suspect identified in Eugene officer-involved shooting
- Officials: Rabid bat found in Eagle Point
- Eugene Police confirm officer-involved shooting
- Officer-involved shooting in Oregon hotel room