NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC Entertainment president says the network has decided to cancel the 'Roseanne' reboot.
Roseanne Barr has apologized for suggesting that former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett is a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the "Planet of the Apes."
Barr on Tuesday tweeted to Jarrett that she was sorry "for making a bad joke" about her politics and her looks. Jarrett, who is African-American, advised Barack and Michelle Obama.
Barr's now-deleted tweet read: "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a babyvj." It was part of a busy period on Twitter for Barr, who wrote tweets or retweeted attacks on Michael Moore, Chelsea Clinton and George Soros. In her apology, Barr said the Jarrett comment was "in bad taste."
ABC, which produces Barr's show, "Roseanne," didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
- ABC cancels 'Roseanne' reboot
- Springfield Christmas parade canceled
- Spokane Amber Alert canceled
- Roseanne, who? 'The Conners' renewed for Season 2
- Portland Marathon canceled for 2018
- Cokie Roberts, ABC news political commentator, has died at age 75
- Afternoon classes cancelled at Thurston High School
- Icy roads may cancel Springfield schools
- Special Olympics Oregon cancels State Games competition
- Lane County Veterans Day Parade canceled