EUGENE, Ore. – A 45-year-old man is in the hospital after he lost control of his motorcycle.
Tom Speldrich, Traffic Patrol Officer with Springfield Police said they received the call at about 4:30 Sunday afternoon.
He said the man was driving eastbound on I-105. They said he tried to take the ramp onto I-5 when he lost control, struck the guardrail, and then fell off into the embankment.
Speldrich said they are still investigating, but it appears that alcohol and speed are contributing factors.
He said no other cars were involved, but they will continue the investigation.
Speldrich asks drivers to slow down, drive safely, and don’t drive if they have been drinking.
- Motorcycle accident closes ramp onto I-5
- Semi-truck crash closes I-5 on-ramp near Harrisburg
- Fiery motorcycle crash causes big backup on I-5
- Northbound I-5 closed near Wilsonville after crash
- Boat ramps closed after oil spill in McKenzie River
- Deerhorn bridge project could close boat ramp on McKenzie River
- Fatal multi-vehicle crash closes one lane of I-5 NB
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- Delta Highway on-ramp reopens following crash
- California man accused of carjacking on I-5