VENETA, Ore. -- The Veneta-Fern Ridge community is coming together to make sure everyone has a meal this holiday season.
Lane Fire Authority hosted the annual ‘Stuff the Truck’ event. The event has been around for about 30 years.
Fire crews park their engines outside Ray’s grocery store and stuff them with food, toys and monetary donations.
The donations gathered will be distributed to those in need in the community on December 16th.
Lt. Tressa Miller with Lane Fire Authority said she feels encouraged to see people support their neighbors.
“We do it in front of Ray’s and they’ve got pre-made bags so anybody who can’t decide what it is that they want to purchase, Ray’s has pre-made bags,” she said.
Miller said those who want to make a donation can do so at the Fire Station on Territorial Hwy in Veneta. She said they will be collecting donations until December 16th.
To those who find themselves in need, Miller said they can go to the Veneta-Fern Ridge Chamber of Commerce, the pharmacy, or Ray’s to get an application and get the food they need.
- 'Stuff theTruck' drive collects donations to benefit community
- Eugene recycling center collecting holiday light donations
- Community Veterinary Center needs donations
- Civil Air Patrol collects donations for wreaths to honor Veterans
- Stuff the Truck sees great turn out
- Help Camp Fire Wilani 'Stuff the Box!'
- OSU hosts annual 'Great Move Out Donation Drive'
- Eugene family starts donation drive to help wildfire victims
- Woman starts donation drive to support Dorena Lake
- Donation drive for Dorena Lake fire victims making progress