ROSEBURG, Ore. - The long anticipated Bottle Drop Center opened up on Garden Valley Blvd on Tuesday, November 20.
Community members had been eagerly anticipating the center since early 2017, and they were happy to see it open up.
Containers can be recycled in one of three ways at the center:
- Pre-labeled green bags can be filled up at home and dropped off. Those will be counted by staff and money will be deposited into a Bottle Drop account.
- Self serve machines are available.
- Staff will count up to 50 containers per walk in request.
Community members said they're happy to have a more efficient and effective way of recycling. They said going to the grocery store was sometimes a hassle, and they expect this to be cleaner and quicker.
Many people also said an easier way to recycle their bottles and cans might encourage them to do it more often.
The center is located on the corner of Vine Street and Garden Valley Boulevard.
- Brand new Bottle Drop Center has officially opened in Roseburg
- Roseburg warming center opens early as temperatures drop
- Roseburg Warming Center to be open on Christmas Eve
- Bottle deposit center maybe coming to Springfield
- Forged bottle drop receipts used to steal money
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- Charges dropped against Roseburg mother in hot car death
- State official: Bottle deposits not a perfect system
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting