SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - The Lane County Sheriff's Office and the Eugene Emerald Valley Rotary Club hosted the 8th annual Life Jacket Exchange on Saturday and Sunday.
The event was at Cabela's in Springfield.
People had the opportunity to exchange old life jackets for new ones.
Organizers said people receiving life jackets were able to have them properly fitted and checked by volunteers for both form and function.
Deputies said the goal of this event is to ensure every child playing in or near the water has a properly fitting life jacket.
<"It's great, it shows that they care," said one parent, David Long. "It's great to know that there is someone looking out for them all the time."
Organizers said between 200 to 300 life jackets were exchanged during the two-day event.
The Sheriff's Office accepts life jacket donations year round. You can drop them off at their office located at 125 East 8th Avenue in Eugene.
- 8th annual Life Jacket Exchange
- LCSO hosts 9th annual life jacket exchange
- LCSO asking for life jacket donations
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Oregon mulls relaunching state insurance exchange
- Delta and Beltline highway closures precede exchange construction
- Mack to leave Oregon, 8th player to transfer this offseason
- Fearless Girl installed in her new home in front of the New York Stock Exchange
- Oregon picked 4th, Oregon St. 8th in PAC-12 pre-season poll
- Thousands honor Veterans during annual parade