Photo Gallery 1 Images
Terrebonne, Ore. -- The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office investigated a case of horse neglect.
On Saturday, March 24th, deputies said they found a large number of horses suffering from mild to severe neglect at a property in Terrebonne.
Deputies said they removed 83 horses from the property the next day. They said two had to be euthanized due to their condition.
Deputies said the horses received veterinary care and hoof care on Monday at the Sheriff's Office Rescue Ranch and will continue to be assessed.
Sheriff L. Shane Nelson of Deschutes County said, "Our office will investigate this case fully to determine the facts and plan the next steps for the horses as we go forward."
No charges have been filed at this time, however, it is an active investigation, according to deputies.
- 83 horses seized in Deschutes County
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- Deschutes deputies locate missing boy
- Deschutes County considers more restrictive marijuana rules
- Linn County seizes 34 horses from property outside Lebanon
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Deschutes County deputy fatally shoots man at campsite
- Deschutes County addresses wildfire risk with zoning changes
- Deschutes County blocks pot facility over partners' arrests
- Deschutes County may ask voters to prohibit new pot businesses