FLORENCE, Ore. -- The Lane County sheriff's office identified the victims in Tuesday's attempted murder-suicide north of Florence.
They say Lana Terry, 71, shot her husband, Alan Terry, 75, before shooting and killing herself.
The couple lived at 90826 Southview Lane.
A trooper on the scene said both individuals were in bed when he arrived.
Alan Terry was taken to Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence. His condition is not known at this time.
"There is a lot of heartache involved, a lot of wishes for prayers for the family members, and it's just a really hard thing," said Florence resident Linda Adcox. "It's never good when something like this happens so close to home."
- Victims identified in attempted murder-suicide
- Murder victim identified
- Police identify couple in apparent murder-suicide
- Corvallis assault victim taken off life support; suspect attempts suicide
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Trooper describes Florence shooting as attempted 'murder and suicide'
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Victims identified in Leaburg deaths
- Murder-suicide leaves court case in limbo
- Suspected murder-suicide under investigation near Newport