VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WFTS) -- A motorcyclist was killed in Volusia County on Sunday when their helmet was struck by lightning, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
FHP says the 45-year-old man was traveling southbound on I-95 when it happened. An off-duty Virginia state trooper saw the lightning hit the man, according to FHP.
The unidentified driver's helmet has burn marks and cracks on it, according to FHP.
No other information was immediately available.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
- Florida motorcyclist killed by lightning strike, FHP says
- Lightning strikes tree in Eugene, sparking fire
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Motorcyclist killed in unusual accident near Albany
- Motorcyclist killed in crash near Sweet Home
- WATCH: Lightning strikes near The Arc Lane County in Springfield
- Lightning strikes start at least 11 fires in Douglas County
- Lightning strikes lead to fires and smoke reports
- Giraffes killed by lightning strike at Lion Country Safari, park officials confirm
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after serious crash