Kalamazoo, MI (WXMI) -- A 12-year-old boy known for collecting blankets for the homeless is not taking a break this year.
Samuel Verhage has surpassed his goal of collecting 2000 blankets, and he will be passing them all out Friday night at Martin Luther King Jr. Park in Kalamazoo.
This is the 4th year Samuel and his mom have campaigned for blankets.
Donations are still being collected. For more information, check out Samuel’s Blankets on Facebook.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
- 12-year-old passing out more than 2,000 blankets for homeless
- Report: More than 2,000 homeless in Lane County; numbers on the rise
- 12-year-old suspect in Creswell murder identified
- Homeless woman sues Grants Pass over anti-camping ordinance
- Napa Valley winery rejects 2,000 tons of Oregon grapes
- Smoke blankets Oregon as heat soars to dangerous levels
- UPDATE: Blanket drive for rescue animals exceeds goal
- Elmira woman holding blanket drive for those in need
- Man accused of raping girl under 12-years-old
- Girl charged in stabbing of 12-year-old boy