EUGENE, Ore. -- On Wednesday, the 4J school board unanimously approved the calendar revisions to make up for the snow days issued during last weeks winter storms.
Schools were closed for four days and the school calendar has been revised to restore four school days -- one in March and three at the end of the school year in June.
By doing this, Eugene School District 4J officials said this will extend the winter trimester by one week to make up the lost instruction time. They said this will also move the grading day for middle and high schools.
School officials said the new final day of school for students will be Tuesday, June 18, if there are no additional school closures this year and Wednesday, June 19, will be the final grading day for teachers. They also said high school graduation dates will stay the same.
- 4J school calendar revised to make up snow days
- Proposed 4J bond would make schools safer, board says
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- 4J school bond passes in midterm election
- 4J School Board addresses gun violence in schools
- 4J School Board holds work session on behavioral programs
- 4J School District is asking for the community's help
- Eugene 4J School Board approves new fall schedules