EUGENE, Ore. -- After two rounds of voting, the 4J school board appointed Jim Torrey to fill the vacant sixth position on the board at their meeting Thursday.
Torrey was a finalist along with Maya Rabasa and Gary Campbell.
Fifteen people applied for the position, and after two rounds of interviews, Torrey was selected to fill the unexpired term.
Torrey will fill the position formerly held by Evangelina Sundgrenz, who had to surrender the position after she moved out of the state due to personal reasons.
He will hold the position until June 2021.
- 4J school board appoints Jim Torrey to fill vacant position
- Community divided after 4J appoints Jim Torrey to board
- Petition seeks to reverse Jim Torrey's appointment to 4J board
- Eugene School Board announces finalists for vacant position
- Springfield School Board discusses appointing new member
- 4J School Board addresses gun violence in schools
- Springfield School Board to interview candidates for vacant seat
- 4J Board Members review final proposed schedule
- 4J School Board holds work session on behavioral programs
- Proposed 4J bond would make schools safer, board says