EUGENE, Ore. – The 4J School District gave hundreds of parents an opportunity to check out the different elementary school options for their kids.
The school district hosted the annual Elementary School Showcase at the 4J Education Center.
Parents met with teachers and school principals to learn about the different elementary schools and the programs each one offers.
District Associate Director for Communications, Kerry Delf, said language immersion, gifted and talented, and special education are among the choice programs.
Doyle Canning, a mother of a soon-to-be kindergartener, said she had a great experience visiting with the educators from various schools.
"I've been really impressed with how [the school district] approaches kindergarten instruction," Canning said.
School Principal for River Road/El Camino Del Rio Elementary School, Joel Lavin, was equally excited to be with parents share the options his school had to offer.
“It’s important for families to have that choice, it’s really important that teachers and principals are able to share that so that the family is able to make an informed choice,” he said.
However, Lavin said transportation is often be a challenge. He said right now the district is only able to provide transportation some elementary schools but not all.
Delf said parents have the entire month of January to explore the different school options. You can learn more by clicking here. She also said in order to be considered for the schools of your choice, all applications must be submitted to the lottery system by January 31st.
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- Students participate in bike rodeo at 4J elementary schools
- 4J School District is asking for the community's help
- 4J school district scraps Camas Ridge relocation possibility
- Student enrollment on the rise for Eugene School District 4J
- 4J officials seek input on new Edison Elementary design
- 4J open house highlights design ideas for new Edison Elementary
- Corvallis School District considers replacing Hoover Elementary School
- 4J school district welcomes new campus for a new school year