COOS BAY, Ore. (KGW) — A magnitude 4.7 earthquake struck off the Southern Oregon Coast Thursday afternoon.
The quake hit at 1:43 p.m. about 110 miles west of Coos Bay, according to U.S. Geological Survey. Its depth was about 6.2 miles.
The earthquake occurred the same day as the Great ShakeOut, a day when people in earthquake-prone areas practice what to do when they feel the shaking of an earthquake: drop, cover and hold on.
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake strikes off Southern Oregon Coast
- 6.3 magnitude earthquake strikes off Oregon Coast
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- 4.6 magnitude earthquake hits off southern Oregon Coast
- Numerous earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- 3 earthquakes strike off Oregon coast
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- 5.4 magnitude earthquake 260 miles off Oregon coast
- Small earthquake hits Oregon's coast
- Earthquake recorded off Oregon coast