ROSEBURG, Ore. - FISH Food Pantry will be taking to five local grocery stores for a food drive this Saturday, October 28.
Shoppers will be met at the door by volunteers who will have lists of things that are recommended or needed by the organization. They're encouraged to include those items in their shopping and drop them off with the volunteers on their way out.
The five stores participating will be Safeway, Sherm's Thunderbird, Grocery Outlet, Fred Meyer, and Albertsons. The drive will run from 10am to 4pm.
FISH Food Pantry's Executive Director, Kimberly Jasper, said they serve over 900 families every month.
”It’s such a huge thing. You don’t realize that your neighbor next door or your friend is one paycheck away from a disaster every month.”
If you miss this food drive, FISH Food Pantry is always accepting donations.
- FISH Food Pantry will hold a food drive this Saturday
- Central Oregon food pantry closing
- Springfield church celebrates grand re-opening of food pantry
- Mercy Foundation, UCAN to start mobile food pantry
- Mobile food pantry fighting hunger in Douglas County
- Stamp out hunger food drive kicks off Saturday
- A local couple received food from a food pantry 10 years past expiration
- 37th annual Governor's Food Drive begins
- Iconic Roseburg drive-in opens food truck
- Thieves clean out food pantry that’s fed the needy for 60-years