EUGENE, Ore. – The Oregon basketball teams have announced they will play a pair of charity exhibition games Saturday morning at Matthew Knight Arena that will help bring relief to those affected by the catastrophic wildfires that impacted the State of Oregon this summer.
The women’s team will play Portland State at 9:30 a.m., followed by the men’s team against Idaho at 11 a.m.
This will be the public’s first opportunity to see either 2017-18 squad. The men’s team is coming off its first Final Four appearance since 1939, while the women return the starting five that led the Ducks to the first Elite Eight appearance in school history.
Admission to watch both exhibitions is a $10 donation to the American Red Cross Oregon Wildfire Fund. Fans should either bring cash or write a check for their donation, as credit cards will not be accepted. Doors will open at 9:00 a.m., and all seating is general admission.
The money donated on Saturday will be directed to regions damaged by fires in the state of Oregon.
“The NCAA has given us a unique opportunity to give back to our state, and we are honored to be able to do that,” said Oregon head coach Dana Altman. “We want to encourage those fans who are coming to Eugene for the football game to come early and watch basketball for a good cause.”
“This is a great opportunity for our fans to get a look at two exciting teams,” said women’s coach Kelly Graves. “While at the same time, we are joining forces with Portland State to help with the recovery efforts in fire-damaged areas of our great state.”
Both games will feature four 10-minute quarters with a 5-minute halftime. Mindful of the 2:45 p.m. kickoff for the Oregon-Utah football game, timeouts will be shortened as well, with the intent of ending the exhibition by 12:30 p.m.
There will also be no television, radio, or web broadcast of the exhibitions, meaning the only way to see Saturday’s games is in person.
Story provided by UO Athletics.
- Oregon men, women's hoops hosting exhibition fundraisers
- USC women's hoops player: Oregon St fans used racial slurs
- Photo Gallery: Oregon women's hoops defeats Washington 84-71
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves on BYU scrimmage, exhibition fundraiser (10/25/17)
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Local animal shelter hosts cat yoga fundraiser
- Moose Lodge hosts fundraiser for Jimmy Holland
- Special Olympics Oregon cancels Bite of Oregon fundraiser
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home
- Lane women's hoops hopes for more success in 2019