CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The ride-sharing company Lyft announced it is teaming up with Oregon State Athletics to give safe rides to students and fans for Beaver games.
The partnership is the first of its kind among PAC-12 schools.
Lyft will have marked drop off and pick up zones at all the remaining Beaver football games, making it easier for drivers and passengers to connect.
"We want students and fans to put all their energy towards supporting their team without having to think about parking, traffic, and designated drivers," said Nathan Lawless, market manager for Lyft in Oregon.
Lyft will also be extending this service to all basketball and baseball games and expand its rideshare service to cover Corvallis and Albany.
To celebrate, Lyft is offering $5 off the first three rides for new passengers with the promo code GOBEAVS.
- OSU teams up with Lyft to offer safe rides to Beaver fans
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- OSU baseball fans cheer team on from Corvallis
- OSU baseball provides boost in sales at Beaver Store
- Safeway offers meningococcal vaccines for OSU students
- Beavers Falter Against Cal
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Jonathan Smith's introduced to OSU fans in Corvallis
- OSU fan punished for directing derogatory comments toward USC player
- OSU Fans Pack Goss Stadium for Beavs on Parade