UPDATE: According to officers, the man was not an escaped inmate, but had violated the terms of his Short Term Transitional Leave. Roseburg Police says this is a program similar to parole, and he hadn't been checking in.
He's currently being held at the Douglas County Jail.
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A man wanted for escaping from the Oregon State Penitentiary was found inside Roseburg High School, according to police.
They said Joshua Allen Templeton was found sleeping in the faculty lounge Wednesday morning.
Officers discovered he had an escape warrant out for his arrest and took him into custody.
Templeton also had two ounces of methamphetamine, drug packaging material, and a scale on him, police said.
He is facing charges of criminal trespass, unlawful possession of methamphetamine, unlawful delivery of methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, and a warrant for escape.
- Department of Corrections inmate found sleeping at Roseburg High School
- Corrections Department seeks inmate who escaped in 1986
- Roseburg High School student arrested after threat found
- Turf work delayed at Roseburg High School
- Gun stolen from Roseburg High School
- Human remains found in Roseburg
- Roseburg Fire Department temporarily relocating 2 stations
- Inmate with ties to Lane County escapes correctional facility
- Skilled to Work: Roseburg High School brings back auto shop
- Roseburg High School athletes learning core values through sports