COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- As the temperatures drop, Beds for Freezing Nights is gearing up to open a warming center in Cottage Grove and they need help.
The non-profit opens when the temperature drops to 29 degrees or below and they are looking for volunteers.
They are having training on November 11 at the Frist Presbyterian Church on Third Street. Volunteers will learn how to set up the site, how to help guests, health protocols, and their policies and procedures.
It is happening from 10 a.m until noon.
Volunteer can download the application and bring it in or mailed to P.O. Box 1110, Cottage Grove, OR, 97424 prior to the training. For more information click here.
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Volunteer: $50,000 missing from Cottage Grove Special Olympics account
- Volunteers move books into new Cottage Grove elementary
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Federal investigation on Cottage Grove marijuana operation