WINSTON, Ore. -- A man is in jail after reportedly robbing a food mart and firing shots at a witness, according to police.
Police responded to reports of gunshots being fired on North Main Street near Willee's and Winston Food Mart at 1:45 a.m.
Officers discovered that a robbery took place and the suspect ran away.
A witness who was driving a car attempted to follow the suspect down an alley but the suspect fired a shot at the vehicle, police said. No one was injured.
Corey Michael Tate, 22, was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Jail on a parole violation. Investigators said additional charges are pending.
- Robbery suspect jailed after reportedly firing shots at witness
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Police identify robbery suspect shot by U-Haul employee
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Two suspects sought in Eugene deli robbery
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Suspect arrested in two Friday morning robberies
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect