EUGENE, ORE- The latest in green innovation involves straw bales as insulation for homes and commercial buildings.
There's a weekend-long event starting Friday in Lane County to teach you how to use straw bale insulation instead of the typical fiberglass insulation or spray foam insulation.
The workshop will be a hands-on experience in many aspects of straw bale construction, from bale raising to earth plastering.
Participants must be at least 16 years old. Registration is limited, so act fast.
For more information about the event, and to register, please visit their website.
- Straw bales used as insulation
- Eugene restaurant going green one straw at a time
- Legislature to weigh statewide plastic bag tax, straw ban
- Oregon Senate OKs law banning straws from restaurants
- Oregon votes to ban restaurants from offering plastic straws
- Whole Foods will ban plastic straws and offer smaller produce bags
- This state wants to buck the trend and keep their plastic straws and bags