EUGENE, Ore. -- The Emerald People's Utility District is warning people of a scam that is targeting customers.
Customers are being called by someone posing as an EPUD employee, threatening to turn off their electricity if they don't pay up.
EPUD urges people to be cautious. They said if you have any doubts about who you are taking to hang up and call the EPUD at 541-746-1583.
- EPUD customers targeted by scam
- Customers push back on EPUD rate increases
- EPUD to examine billing system after customer outrage
- EWEB warns customers of scam
- EPUD offering rebate for hybrid electric water heater
- Power restored in Cottage Grove area, EPUD says
- New scam targets restaurants in Benton County
- Letter scam targeting Lane County residents
- Expedia impostor scam targeting travelers across U.S.
- New scam in Douglas County targeting school employees