SALEM, Ore. -- Oregon license plates are becoming more reflective, making it easier to read.
The Department of Motor Vehicles will start issuing the standard tree plates with a new more reflective background in October. The new plates will first appear starting with plate number 001 KJW.
In addition to being more reflective, the new plates are more secure and durable than previous plates. There are also new features on the plates. There is an outline of the state of Oregon on the left and two letters printed vertically on the far right. The two letters identify the month and year the sheet was made.
Other plate types will be converted in the future.
- New Oregon license plates made to be more reflective
- Thousands sign up for new gray whale license plate
- Emojis on license plates? LOL it's about to be a thing
- Oregon to pause accepting marijuana license applications
- Oregon says no more new marijuana licenses
- Oregon regulators recommend for California winery to lose licenses
- Oregon to update driver's license, ID card design
- Eugene WWII veteran reflects on Pearl Harbor
- New changes being made to Oregon driving laws
- Oregon House candidate made false statement in voter guide