CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A man was struck and killed by a large SUV in Corvallis Thursday night, according to police.
The name of the victim, 60, was not yet released, pending notification of family members.
Police say it happened around 7 p.m. at NE Circle Boulevard and NE Belvue Street. Investigators say the man was wearing dark-colored clothing when he was hit by a Ford Expedition driven by a 56-year-old Albany resident.
Visibility was reported low at the time, because of the weather, and the area was described as poorly lit.
Officials say the driver has not been charged, and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Corvallis man arrested after pedestrian struck in La Pine
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle on I-105 eastbound
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Crash near Corvallis kills Albany woman
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Albany man struck and killed by train
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene