SCIO, Ore. -- Deputies said a man is dead after a crash in Linn County.
Deputies said Michael Dee Miller, 64, was driving a white 1990 Ford Econoline Van on Kingston Lyon Drive near Highway 226.
Investigators said Miller drove his van onto the gravel shoulder while attempting to negotiate a corner. They said it appears Miller over-corrected, crossed both lanes of travel and ended up hitting a tree.
A passerby came upon the crash site and called for help.
Officials are investigating and said alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- 64-year-old man dies in Linn County crash
- Linn County inmate dies in apparent suicide
- 64-year-old-Albany woman with dementia missing
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Linn County crash kills mother and child
- UPDATE: 64-year-old man with dementia has been found safe
- Linn County man discovered after disappearing
- Fire destroys Linn County home