DEXTER, Ore. -- A barn went up in flames Tuesday evening.
It happened at about 8 p.m. on Highway 58 and Matthews Drive.
The two-story building was filled with mechanical equipment and other materials. Firefighters said there was also propane tanks and oil drums in the area which made fighting the fire dangerous.
"Being aware of what's in there and knowing what chemicals you have -- cause once they start mixing and burning it's kind of anyone's game," said District Chief Matt Peterson, Dexter Fire and Rescue.
Officials said the owners tried to douse the flames with garden hose and extinguishers but that didn't work.
No one was injured.
- Barn housing propane tanks goes up in flames
- Driver dies when truck hits propane tank
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Pleasant Hill house engulfed in flames
- Flames engulf Florence business
- Cottage Grove house burns down; flames reignite hours later
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash
- Albany man accused of assaulting people with propane torch
- Flames and smoke billow from Creswell home
- Pizza delivery car goes up in flames