EUGENE, Ore. -- Lane County Stand Down starts on October 13, 2017 and organizers are looking for volunteers to help set up.
You can volunteer by showing up at 10 a.m. on October 12, 2017. The event gives veterans and their families access to dozens of programs, including the local VA and support organizations. It also has basic services for homeless veterans like haircuts and clothes.
Organizers said their biggest objective is to reach veterans that don't know they are eligible for these programs.
According to Lane County Stand Down's webpage, the term 'Stand Down' comes from the military term used to describe relief from the front lines.
The event starts at 7 a.m. on October 13 at Wheeler Pavilion at the Lane Events Center.
Visit their website here to learn more.
- Lane County Stand Down in need of volunteers
- Lane County seeks volunteers for homeless count
- Lane County Stand Down seeks to expand event
- Lane County provides veterans with help at Stand Down event
- Food for Lane County opens farm stand in Springfield
- Lane County Stand Down attracts largest attendance in state
- Volunteers make 50 beds for Lane County children in need
- Volunteers conducting annual homeless count in Lane County
- Lane County strike looms
- Lane County Stand Down expects to help hundreds of homeless veterans