EUGENE, Ore. -- Community members came out to the Planet Improvement Center in Eugene for the 3rd annual Community Product Design Challenge Saturday.
Participants sifted through second-hand items to make a new product to enhance their homes, offices, public spaces and gardens.
Emily Shelton, the education and events manager at the center said this event encourages people to take a look at what they consume and to think about how materials can be reused.
People really get encouraged and excited about doing their part to help the environment in that way," Sowa said.
Saturday's event leads up to an exhibition of the final products at St. Vincent de Paul's metamorphous Earth Day celebration at the Lane Events Center on April 20th.
- 3rd annual Community Product Design Challenge held Saturday
- Annual Whiteaker Block Party was held Saturday
- Third annual UpStream Art Installation held in Springfield Saturday
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Fifth annual Safety Fair held in Springfield
- UCC shooting victims honored at 3rd annual Umpqua Strong walk
- Parenting Now! hosts 3rd annual Mother's Day 5K
- Junction City hosting 3rd annual Human Trafficking Prevention Summit
- Cystic Fibrosis walk held in Eugene Saturday
- Free car seat safety check held Saturday