ESTACADA, Ore. (AP) -- Two men who went missing after a New Year's Eve trip to explore the forest southeast of Portland are dead.
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Department says a red Chevrolet Tahoe containing the bodies of Kevin Shaver and Chase Villarreal was pulled from the Collawash River over the weekend.
Family members reported the men missing when they didn't from their trip.
Authorities say it appears they may have been speeding when the car left the road and plunged into the river below.
KGW-TV reports that a dog that was with the men survived and was rescued from the river bank.
The Collawash River is a tributary of the Clackamas River on the west slopes of the Cascade Range.
- 2 men found dead in vehicle submerged in Collawash River
- Body found in submerged vehicle in Willamette River
- Missing Springfield man found dead in submerged vehicle
- Missing canoeist found dead in Willamette River
- Troopers find man's body in submerged truck
- Dead Chihuahua found in dog crate in Clackamas River
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene
- Police identify man found dead near Beltline and River Road
- Two men wanted in Eugene found dead in southwestern Washington
- Missing Winston man found dead