LINN COUNTY, Ore. – Two men were killed and four others were hurt in a two-vehicle collision on Highway 22 East, east of Mill City.
According to Oregon State Police, the wreck happened at milepost 76 on Sunday, January 21st at about 4:35 pm.
Investigators said a black 2017 Nissan Armada, driven by Joshua Lyons of Portland, was eastbound and tried to pass on snow-covered roads. The vehicle slid sideways and struck the front of a westbound silver Chevy Silverado pulling a trailer. They said the truck and trailer were being driven by Alan Freeman from Salem.
Police said Lyons, 34, and his passenger Timothy Hays, 47, from Silverton died at the scene.
Freeman, 54, and two of his passengers, Shaun Dorschel, 33, Salem, and a juvenile passenger were treated and released for minor injuries from a Salem hospital. Freeman's third passenger, Donald Suklis, 56, from Jefferson, was transported to St. Charles Hospital with serious injuries.
The westbound lane was closed for approximately five hours. OSP was assisted by ODOT and the Gates Fire Department.
- Two killed in Highway 22 wreck
- Highway 22 may reopen Friday
- Fuel tanker crash closes Highway 22
- Residents call highway 'dangerous' following fatal wreck
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3
- Crash on Highway 38 kills 2
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Highway 22 to be closed through the week after fuel tanker crash
- One killed, another injured in I-5 wreck near Cottage Grove