SUTHERLIN, Ore. -- A reported burglary in Sutherlin led to a police chase and ended with three men in cuffs, one of them 16-years-old, officials said.
Police said they got a call about a burglary at 235 NE Cypress. A neighbor reported seeing three males carrying items from a house and getting into a white Chevrolet Malibu.
Officers say they spotted the car driving south on I-5 at milepost 136. They attempted to stop the car but the driver allegedly kept going.
Police say the suspects started throwing the stolen items out of the car. The chase ended at the Albertson’s, 3013 NW Stewart Parkway, when the men ran and officers caught up to them.
Andrew Richard Armenta, 20, of Myrtle Creek, Edward Angel Tellez, 19, of Riddle, and a 16-year-old from Sutherlin were taken into custody. Armenta and Tellez were lodged at the Douglas County Jail on burglary and theft charges. The juvenile was lodged at the Douglas County Juvenile Department.
- 16-year-old and 2 men arrested in burglary
- Two men arrested in Winston Bi-Mart burglary case
- 16-year-old arrested in Douglas County triple homicide
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Two arrested in Willamette Christian School burglary
- 10 men arrested in Corvallis prostitution sting
- SWAT team arrests burglary suspect at Eugene Hilton