CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers have met on the football field 121 times before today's matchup. The Civil War game dates back to 1894 and is the seventh longest running rivalry in the nation.
This is the 122nd Civil War game, and it was held at Reser Stadium this year. The Ducks have won nine of the past 10 matchups.
Many fans told KEZI 9 News that this is the most important game of the season for both teams.
Oregon State University Alumnus Bret Davis says: "It’s the bragging rights of winning the state so its huge and a lot of people in this state live for this game. We're here whether its rain or shine or snow we're here to have a good time."
Some fans say it is all fun and games and, in the end, both Duck and Beaver fans are on the same team.
The Oregon Ducks won the game 55-15.
- Fans react to Civil War game rivalry
- Fans react to Ducks loss
- Web Extra: Marcus Arroyo on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)
- Web Extra: Kevin McGiven on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)
- Web Extra: Arrion Spring on Civil War game (11/22/17)
- Web Extra: Jim Leavitt discusses upcoming Civil War game (11/22/17)
- Web Extra: Willie Taggart discusses upcoming Civil War game (11/22/17)
- Oregon routs Oregon State in Civil War game
- Tres Tinkle, OSU beat Oregon in Civil War game