EUGENE, Ore. -- A 10-year-old author in Eugene held a special event last weekend to help Greenhill Humane Society.
Emma Phipps has written two books: “Nala’s Adoption Adventure” and “Nala’s Dog Training Adventure.” Phipps got the idea after she adopted Nala, wanting others to know about the benefits of adopting animals.
“I love animals, and I know that adopting is good for all animals because it gives each dog a home where they can be loved, just like I love Nala,” Phipps said.
Phipps read her book at Greenhill, and Nala made an appearance. Greenhill received $1 from each book sold at the event.
- 10-year-old author raises money for Greenhill Humane Society
- Adoption fees waived at Greenhill Humane Society
- Greenhill Humane Society to begin construction
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- Greenhill Humane Society making progress on renovation
- Greenhill Humane Society holds pet adoption event, promotion
- SafeHaven Humane Society raising money for on-site medical center
- Greenhill Humane Society prepares for its biggest fundraiser of the year
- Greenhill Humane Society gets ready to help find 80 cats new homes
- State Police investigate Oregon Humane Society officers