CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The Benton County Sheriff's Office arrested 10 men at a Corvallis hotel after they conducted a two day prostitution sting.
Deputies said they created a fake online account on February 7 and posed as a woman offering to have sex with men for money.
Deputies said 70 people responded to the ad to pay for sex. They said 10 showed up at a Corvallis hotel. Deputies said once they agreed to pay a fee to engage in sexual conduct or contact, they arrested the men for commercial sexual solicitation, a misdemeanor.
With limited beds available at the Benton County Jail, the 10 men were booked and released with citations:
- Jeffrey Shannon, 50, of Albany
- Kevin Beaudoin, 51, of Albany
- Hattan Natto, 31, of Corvallis
- Rick Sariol, 31, of Albany
- John Rislov, 47, of Lincoln City
- Ian Hasenfratz, 20, of Corvallis
- John De Jong, 70, of Corvallis
- Kevin Waite, 52, of Junction City
- Brian Bartolero, 34, of Camas, WA
- Ahmed Ahmed, 31, of Corvallis
Detectives said they placed two advertisements online at the beginning of the year, using social media. They said more than 200 men and women responded, indicating a desire to engage in sexual activity for money, including registered sex offenders and felons with active warrants.
Deputies said this operation shows how prevalent prostitution is in Benton County and Oregon. They said it's a dangerous criminal enterprise, closely related to narcotics, violence, sexual assault, commercial sexual exploitation of women and children, and in some cases human trafficking.