JUNCTION CITY, Ore. - A person was taken to the hospital with extensive injuries after a rollover crash Sunday morning.
The crash happened around 5 a.m. on Highway 36 and Highway 99 shutting down a section of Highway 36 for a few hours. The road is now open and the crash has been cleared.
Police said one car was involved in the crash.
The driver was found outside his car and is believed to have been ejected from the car during the crash.
He was rushed to Riverbend with serious injuries.
Crystal Riley with Junction City Fire and Rescue says it is one of the worst crashes she has seen.
"There was debris strewn across the scene... this accident is up there as far as high damage accidents," said Riley.
Police call this area "very dangerous" and Riley says it is possibly due to the way Junction City is laid out with Highway 99, Highway 36, and Territorial Highway.
Oregon State Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
- 1 person injured in rollover crash in Junction City
- 2 injured in crash in Junction City
- One person injured after rollover crash in Springfield
- Corvallis man dead, 2 injured after crash near Junction City
- Rollover crash on Garden Way injures two
- Pedestrian killed in crash in Junction City
- One person injured in tanker truck crash
- 1 person injured in crash near Creswell
- Driver not injured in rollover crash in Eugene
- Man faces manslaughter charges after fatal crash near Junction City